InfrastructureFebruary 21, 2022 2022-09-01 6:48
A world class infrastructure
with top notch facilities
Good quality infrastructure in a school environment not only helps in shaping students’ academic lives but also contributes to the overall well-being of the students. DPS Kanpur boasts of state-of-the-art infrastructure with world class facilities, creating a learning atmosphere vital for a child’s holistic development.
A thriving campus with a
community of creative people
Providing a safe and spacious learning environment where students are empowered to nurture their love for learning and thrive on challenges, DPS Azaad Nagar imparts a high quality educational experience with well-equipped smart classrooms, dedicated laboratories, open-air amphitheater for all activities, flood-lit playground, exceptional sports facilities and many more.
- Fully air-conditioned classrooms from P.G. to VIII in all branches.
- CCTV enabled classrooms from P.G. to XII in all branches.
- E-Learning through Smart Class (LCD-equipped Smart Boards for Audio-Visual education through syllabus-based modules) making teaching more effective, interactive and learner friendly.
- Spacious, well-lit and well-ventilated class rooms with an average size of 500 sq. ft. each to ensure sufficient space, light and air for every child while studying.
Achieving excellence in academics and beyond academics, our hostellers live, learn and grow holistically.
- 24-hour Security system to ensure security in and around campus at all times.
- CCTV installed at all vantage locations especially common areas of the school to provide a safe and secure environment to all students.
- Mandatory security check at the entrance gate by trained security personnel to eliminate any kind of trespassing.
- A well-equipped School Library housing an extensive collection of fictions, non-fictions, encyclopedias, dailies, magazines, journals and other reference books for both the students and teachers.
- A spacious resource centre to promote reading, enhance knowledge and inculcate collaborative learning through various literary events, quizzes, dedicated reading hours and the like organised from time to time.
- Qualified librarians to supervise and guide each student in the selection and use of all library resources.
- Constant upgradation of resources and reading material to ensure availability of latest information to our students.
- Well-maintained dedicated laboratories for different subjects equipped with latest amenities to help students achieve deeper understanding and practical knowledge of theoretical concepts taught in class.
- Physics Lab
- Chemistry Lab
- Biology Lab
- Science Lab
- Junior Computer Lab
- Senior Computer Lab
- Maths Lab
- Language Lab
- An integral part of the curriculum and pedagogy, each of these labs with a variety of subject-relevant equipment facilitate an experiential learning process for all students.
- Unparalleled infrastructure for both indoor & outdoor sports with day-to-day specialised training by expert professional coaches.
- Advanced & modern-day sports facilities leading to development of skill, physical stamina, endurance & sportsmanship spirit that are essential for holistic growth of students.
- The school is equipped with:
- Ultra-modern domed Synthetic Turf Courts for Basketball, Football & Badminton
- Massive Flood-Lit Playground for all sports activities like Cricket, Football, Hockey, Volleyball and many more
- Standard size Cricket ground with provision of 65 yard boundary on all sides
- Cricket Bowling Machine for proficient training
- Table Tennis Robot for dedicated practice
- Semi Olympic size Swimming pool with a depth range of 2.5 feet to 6 feet
- 3-Hole Mini Golf Course & 4-Hole Professional Golf Course
- Cemented & Grass Lawn Tennis Courts
- Outdoor & Indoor Badminton Courts
- Indoor Squash Courts of international standard with premium wooden flooring & glass doors
- Full size Billiard Table
- Target-driven and Skill-based sports like Archery & Shooting
- Athletics with provision of 400 metres international race track
- Roller Skating arena for specialised training & building muscle endurance
- Horse Riding
- Indoor Chess & Carrom facilities
- Adventure Sports like Wall Climbing, Rope Walking, Rock Climbing etc.
- Martial Arts like Karate & Taekwondo
- Traditional Indian sports like Kabaddi & Kho-Kho
- Well-furnished Gymnasium for physical fitness
- Indoor Yoga for perfect balance between mind and body
- Dedicated Play & Activity Area for toddlers equipped with swings, slides, play gym and many more fun & interactive games
- Fully functional tuck shop providing fresh, packaged & pocket-friendly food to the students at school.
- Every care is taken to maintain hygiene and cleanliness in and around the cafetaria.
- Fully-equipped Infirmary & Medicare facilities to take care of all medical needs of the students & staff at school.
- On-campus qualified and trained nurses and a tie-up with nearby nursing home to handle any medical emergency.
- Planned procurement of basic medicines and first aid from trusted vendors.
- Mandatory medical check-ups conducted time to time to ensure well being of the students and staff.
- Well-maintained CNG School Buses with trained drivers & conductors connecting the school to all nooks and corners of the city.
- Efficiently mapped-out bus routes to reduce commute time for the students to and from the school.
- Thoughtfully planned Open-Air Amphitheatre with large performance stage surrounded by semi-circular ascending seats acts as a hub of all activities ranging from Morning and Special Assemblies to Elocutions and Quizzes to Annual Concert and Art Mela and many more.
- An ideal platform for students to showcase their acumen and talent, the Amphitheatre encourages participation, inspires creativity, removes stage fright, builds self-confidence and provides a holistic learning experience.
Simplifying learning through multi-media facilities, the Audio-Visual teaching pedagogy takes learning beyond classroom education by supplementing theoretical knowledge with audio visual aids. These aids enhance the learning experience for all, be it toddlers or teenagers, through its curriculum-oriented content thus retaining their attention and encouraging students to learn better.
With the endeavour to upgrade the skill set of students, the knowledge of foreign language or third language gives them a definite edge in their future pursuits in India or across the globe. Additionally, the provision of a language lab, run under the supersion of different language experts, facilitates multifarious language-based activities and competitive events for the development of effective communication skills and fluency in the chosen language.
Emphasizing on our core value of ‘Every Child Matters’ with a focus on each student to optimize their potential, regular remedial classes are designed in a way that helps students fine tune their level of competency in core academics. Through varied teaching strategies in remedial classes, students learn to capitalize on their strengths and overcome barriers to learning. With fewer students than a regular classroom, a student gets personal attention and support through more practice, clarification of doubts, repetition of content and strengthening basic skills.
A versatile space and an integral domain of the school, the Multi-Purpose Hall is designed such that it can be extensively utilized for a diverse range of activities. This extensive multipurpose space can be metamorphosed to suit any occasion– be it academic conferences, seminars and workshops, guest lectures, fairs & exhibitions, cultural presentations and many more.
A spacious conference room well equipped with user friendly mics in a round table seating arrangement. It facilitates interactive leadership and management of academic and institutional affairs for smooth functioning of the school.
A space for young artists to freely & creatively express themselves, the Art & Craft room facilitates Visual & Fine Arts through traditional techniques like drawing, painting, mixed media, clay modeling etc. while also experimenting with new age techniques like digital art, installation art and the like.
Dedicated, spacious, well-lit and fully-equipped rooms for performing arts, the Dance, Drama & Music focus on nurturing well-rounded individuals. Introduced to dance, music and drama from an early age, it helps the students to learn collaboration, fosters self-expression and encourages them to appreciate the diverse cultures, traditions and communities. The facility of weekly classes, exclusive workshops with renowned artists, participation in annual concerts, fests and competitions etc. gives the students ample opportunity & exposure to enrich their skills hence bringing laurels to school at Intra-school, Inter-school, City, District, State & National levels.
- Dance Styles: Variety of Classical, Semi-classical, Folk & Western dances performed as Solo, Duet & Groups
- Vocal Music: Indian, Classical, Folk, Western& Free style Music performed as Solo, Duet, Choirs & Rock Bands
- Instrumental Music: Synthesizer, Harmonium, Tabla, Drum, Guitar, Violin, Octopad, Congo, Bongo, Maricus, Tambourine and many more performed as Solo, Duet & Orchestras
- Drama: Classical & Modern Theatre, Street Play, Mime, Mimicry and the like performed as Solo, Duet & Groups
A thoughtfully designed room for preschoolers, the Activity room is air-conditioned and a hub of interactive, engaging and exciting activities that are both educational & recreational. Furnished with bright, colourful inter-locked foam playmats, the room is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities like wooden wall maze boards, play houses, activity decals, modern toys, smart boards for story-telling sessions, hand & string puppets etc. This ‘Go-to’ Activity Room for pre-primary students help hone their motor & cognitive skills, enhance their communication &develop their collaborative abilities thereby making learning super-fun.
- Air-conditioned Administrative Block with a full-time receptionist and back office staff
- Well-connected School Blocks (Pre-primary &Primary School, Middle School and Senior School) with individual administrative heads under the supervision of the Principal
- Individual Parking Area for two-wheelers & four-wheelers
- Water Coolers with Aquaguard on each floor to facilitate supply of purified, clean drinking water
- Modern fire-fighting equipment on each floor
- Fully air-conditioned classrooms from PG to VIII (all branches)
- CCTV enabled classrooms & common areas for the security of children (all branches)
- Separate air conditioned hostel facility for boys & girls
- 500 sq. ft. each, spacious and well-lit classrooms
- Fully equipped labs : Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Senior / Junior Computer Labs, Language Lab, Maths Lab, Audio-Visual Room
- E Learning through Smart Class – LCD equipped classrooms for total Audio-Visual education through syllabus based modules for all Classes (P.G. – XII)
- Dance, Music, Activity Rooms
- Semi-Olympic size Swimming Pool
- Open Air-Treatre, the Hub of all activities
- 400 metres international size racing track with floodlight facility
- Ground facilities available for Cricket, Basketball, Football, Hockey, Badminton, Lawn Tennis and Skating
- Shooting Range
- Fully Equipped Gymnasium
- Fully Equipped infirmary with trained nurses and a tie-up with a fully equipped nursing home nearby
- Music room equipped with instruments to teach Indian and Western Music
- Art and Craft room
- Multipurpose Hall
- Water coolers on each floor with Aquaguard
- Ultra-Modern fire-fighting equipment on each floor
- Foreign Language or third language option
- School Counsellor
- Efficient School Bus Service (CNG) with efficient staff equipped with mobile phones. Each route covered in approximately 35 minutes
- Regular remedial classes
- Air conditioned Administrative Block with a full-time receptionist and back office staff
- Conference Hall
- Well-furnished Library with books on various subjects
- Self-sufficient typing and photocopying department
- Parking Area
- 24 hour Security Service
- Separate playing area equipped with swings, slides, play gym outside the Pre-Primary Block
- Well-connected school blocks-Pre-primary / Primary, Middle School and Senior School Blocks with individual administrative heads under the Principal